Yield: 4 servings
This is a great side salad for chicken or fish, or toss in some shrimp, and call it a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound soba noodles, cooked until tender
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly slided on the bias
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup lightly crushed toasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil. To the noodles, add green onions, bean sprouts, carrots, cucumber, cashews, cilantro, sesame seeds, and the soy sauce mixture and mix thoroughly.
Source: www.foodnetwork.com, Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002